The Museum Building
116 Center Street Pembroke, MA 02359
The Museum Building (c. 1847)Located at 116 Center Street Pembroke, MA 02359, the Museum Building (c. 1847) is comprised of two former one-room school buildings. The former Bryantville School, built in 1847, was donated by Marcus L. Urann and moved to the site in 1952. The former “Cedar Swamp Schools” was donated by Mrs. Oliver Amos and moved to the site in 1968. As part of the nation’s 1976 Bicentennial celebration, a Tool Museum was established in the lower level of the Museum Building.
The Friends Quaker Meeting House
70 Washington Street Pembroke, MA 02359 (Rtes. 139/53)
The Friends Quaker Meeting House (c.1706) is located at Routes 139 and 53 in Pembroke, MA. The interior is divided in half, with women sitting on one side and men on the other. In the 18th and 19th centuries, many leading citizens were Quakers. Among the oldest Quaker sites in America, the structure was deeded to the Historical Society in 1973.
The Adah Hall House
52 Barker Street (Rte. 14) Pembroke, MA 02359
The Adah F. Hall House Located at 52 Barker Street (Rte. 14) Pembroke, MA 02359, the Adah F. Hall House (c. 1685), located on Barker Street is one of the oldest dwellings in Pembroke. It stands on part of a large grant which Myles Standish gave to Robert Barker, the town’s first settler. The structure was deeded to the Historical Society in 1968 as a memorial to its former owner and occupant.
Click Here to Read More about The Adah F. Hall House
179 Fairwood Dr Pembroke, MA 02359
Peter’s Well located Approximately 175 Fairwood Drive Pembroke, MA 02359 (42°04’28.5″N 70°47’37.7″W) is a 40′ X 60′ site that pre-dates the Revolutionary War, and was donated to the Society in 1964 by Charles J. Coffin. Located off Fairwood Drive, Peter’s Well is all that remains of the home site of Pierre (Peter) Pellerin and his family. They were among the 6,000 French settlers (Acadians) deported from Nova Scotia by the British at the beginning of the French and Indian War in 1755. Peter’s modest cabin was located on property known as Wallis Orchard. according to local legend, an earlier Wallis was among a small group of Huguenots who arrived in Pembroke in 1617 and established Sabbaday and Wallis orchards.
Click Here to Learn More about The Legend of Peter's Well.