After a very long and patient wait, The Bryantville Fountain/Horse Trough is back in place in front of the Pembroke Historical Society. The Society has been undertaking a landscape project out front over the last year. The fountain was in desperate need of restoration. The Society, under the leadership of Vice President Stacey DiGiovanni and member, Karen Ames arranged for South Shore Ironworks to do the necessary work. The fountain and landscape project has been funded by donations in Memory of PHS founder Burt Sherman.
The Bryantville Fountain is made of bronze and was given to the town by The South Hanson Women's Temperance Union in 1907. After being moved a few times over the years, the fountain was no where to be found. In The early 1970's PHS member Karen Ames dedicate herself to locating the fountain: miraculously they found it though missing the tall shaft and white globe. The remaining portion was placed in front of the Pembroke Historical Society where it has remained until it's restoration this year. It now graces the proud spot at our front entrance. We are thrilled to welcome it home.